The WCA forum on the Merriam Estate drew over 130 attendees. Thank you to those who attended.
Charlie Houder, who is developing the estate, held an
open Q & A. Here are some of the topics covered.
- Cars will be parked primarily in garages, which will have 460 spots. There will be minimal surface parking.
- There will be a green barrier to shield neighbors & Penn Road
- Architecture of the apartments will take elements from the mansion
- Mansion will be available for use from outside groups.
- The apartments will be rentals, not condos
- Original Japanese gardens will be restored
- There will be a fenced in dog park for residents.
- The property is geared towards older adults and young couples
- Fire protection: precast concrete garage, apartments are wood framed with sprinklers (to code), the mansion will receive updates to bring it to code.
- There will be no single homes
- Service vehicles will enter via Wynnewood Rd
- Residents will enter via Penn Road
- The buffer between the Thomas Wynne Apartments and the new apartments will be a minimum of 150′
- Locals will be unable to cut through the property because it will be gated.
- A 24 staff presence will exist and there will be a concierge service
- Penn Road gate will have a lit sign with lights facing development, not neighbors
- Signage will be understated and tasteful.
Main Line Media had a great write up on the meeting, which can be accessed here.